Among the most frequently asked questions in recent times are: What exactly is a dirty keto diet? What are its basics? What makes dirty keto different from regular keto? Is a dirty keto diet healthy to help you lose weight? In this article, we’ll discuss all of these important questions, so keep reading to the end.
Did you know?
When do you think your diet is good and more effective? The answer is when the diet gains widespread success. And many people begin to research and innovate different ways and forms of this diet to enjoy its health benefits and make it more convenient for themselves.
This is the case when it comes to the keto diet, it has many different forms, and one of them is the dirty keto diet.
What Is The Keto Diet?
Before we discuss the basics of dirty keto, we first need to understand what the ketogenic diet, also known as the keto diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet with moderate levels of protein. The main goal of this diet is to get the body into ketosis.
Because in a normal diet, a person usually uses carbohydrates to obtain the necessary energy for the body.
So, for those who want to follow the keto diet properly to lose weight. Must either eliminate carbohydrates from their diet permanently or eat them in small amounts (around 5-1% of carbs per day).
Note that the keto diet focuses on whole, unprocessed foods that you can use daily in your meal plan, as they are healthy and keto-friendly.
What Is a Dirty Keto Diet?
We can say that the dirty keto meal plan follows the same approach as the regular keto diet as it focuses on consuming 65-75% of total calories from fat, 20-35% from protein, and less than 5% from carbs.
However, the only main difference between them is that on the dirty keto diet, you are allowed to get calories from any food source you want to eat, unlike the keto diet, but provided you stay within the macronutrient ratio.
This means if you want to eat some fast food like a cheeseburger with bacon, you can, it is okay to eat them as long as you don’t eat carbs or exceed the recommended amount.
Dirty Keto Vs. Standard Keto: What’s the Difference?
A dirty keto diet is a new form of the popular Standard ketogenic diet. Both have the same goal of making the body burn more stored fats for energy and faster weight loss. Plus keep carbs low to a minimum.
* On the standard ketogenic diet, we find the following differences:
- Recommends eating lots of non-starchy, keto-friendly vegetables.
- Choose protein from healthy sources such as:
- Fatty steak
- Choose fats from healthy sources such as:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- It is against the consumption of vegetable oils.
- It is against eating processed meat.
- This diet is more restrictive when choosing keto-friendly foods.
* On the dirty keto diet, we find the following differences:
- It allows you to consume processed meats and vegetable oils without any problem such as packaged foods, fast food and lunch meats.
- Eating any different food source is allowed, as dirty keto doesn’t care what kind of food source you eat. (As long as carbohydrates are kept below 50 grams total per day)
- Does not give priority to eating vegetables.
- A more appropriate diet.
Why Most People Can Choose Dirty Keto Diet?
The short answer to this question, dirty keto is mainly meant to keep you more comfortable.
Many keto beginners find it difficult to stick to a low-carb and high-fat diet, because some people may feel that planning and cooking keto-friendly meals every day is stressful and time-consuming.
But with dirty keto, there’s the possibility of eating fast, carb-free foods (like burgers without bread). Or by choosing canned or processed meats from any local store near you, rather than spending time cooking for yourself.
Is It Recommended To Try The Dirty Keto Diet?
No, it is not necessary, unless you must.
* You can resort to a dirty diet in two basic cases:
- First: If you are travelling.
- Second: If you don’t have time to cook healthy meals rich in nutrients and low in carbohydrates.
Unless you are required to follow the dirty keto diet for these personal purposes, we recommend that you stay away from it as much as possible.
Can Dirty Keto Diet Help You Lose Weight?
* You may ask yourself this question ‘Can I still lose weight on the dirty keto diet? Yes, sure.‘
* How is that!!!
Even though you don’t eat the recommended keto-friendly foods, you are still in a state of ketosis when you follow the dirty keto diet. Don’t be surprised, remember that the main goal of keto as we mentioned earlier – no matter which type you follow – is to reduce carbs and keep the body in ketosis to burn more fat for energy.
* To continue losing weight on the dirty keto diet, you must:
- Lack of calories is the only key to losing weight.
- Stay in a ketosis state during your diet while keeping carbohydrates below 50 grams per day. (Ketosis is the secret to burning ketones for energy)
The Potential Downsides Of A Dirty Keto Diet
A dirty keto diet can come with some negative health complications.
Because eating fast food and consuming large amounts of processed and packaged foods cannot be beneficial to your health in the long term.
* Here’s what could happen:
- The dirty keto diet may be easier to try, but it’s less effective.
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Increased severity of the keto flu.
- This diet does not work long term.
- This diet lacks micronutrients that are important for a healthy body.
- Cravings for sugars.
- You may regain weight quickly.
- This diet encourages the consumption of highly processed foods. (This is not good for your health, because processed foods often contain a lot of sweeteners)
6. Tips For Eating Ketogenic Foods For Beginners
When you follow the keto diet properly and stick to the ketogenic diets, we assure you that you will notice that your clarity and focus are much better. Because even though it is a fairly strict diet, it is good for health in general.
* Here are some important tips:
- Eat keto-friendly vegetables every day.
- Drink enough water every day.
- Try to avoid processed foods.
- Prepare your steaks in bulk, and store them in the refrigerator so that you do not have to cook them every day.
- Always make sure to have at least one avocado per day, especially at breakfast.
- We recommend that you try intermittent fasting so that you only need to eat once or twice a day. (Only eat when you feel hungry)
Through our continuous research on this topic, we can say that the dirty keto diet is not recommended and people cannot be encouraged to try it, despite its ease of use and flexibility. But it does have a host of health risks that you must avoid.
While a clean ketogenic diet is still better for you, it is a healthy and beneficial diet.