Today, I think you’ll be ready and excited to make this keto vanilla milkshake recipe to satiate your craving for vanilla ice cream, with only 3.7 grams of net carbs per serving! Trust me, this recipe is simple, easy and absolutely delicious!
You only need 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make this creamy, foamy keto vanilla milkshake recipe.
What’s A keto milkshake?
A keto vanilla milkshake is a frothy, creamy drink that does not contain ice cream.
It’s made with a mixture of cream, dairy-free milk (usually unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk, ice cubes, vanilla extract and sugar-free sweetener).
When you mix all these ingredients mentioned, you will get a creamy and refreshing keto vanilla milkshake without the sugar or lactose usually found in ice cream or milk.
Is keto milkshake good for you?
keto shakes and ketogenic meal replacement drinks can be healthy, but only if they are made with high-quality ingredients.
Not only that, preparing and eating it regularly is a great way to stay satisfied and in a ketosis state when you don’t have time to prepare a keto-friendly meal.
keto vanilla milkshake Ingredients
You can make a foamy keto vanilla milkshake with just five ingredients. You are sure to love this drink especially that it is sugar-free, 100% dairy-free and low in carbohydrates.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk – Sometimes in your grocery store, you may not be able to find vanilla almond milk. Alternatively, you can use regular unsweetened almond milk.
- Heavy Cream – For a smooth, creamy drink!! In case you would like to use canned coconut cream if you are on a dairy-free or paleo diet – YES you can.
- But keep in mind that it will add a strong coconut flavor to your milkshake.
- Erythritol – To enhance the sweetness, you can also add drops of stevia sweetener to add some vanilla flavor to your milkshake.
- Ice cubes – in this drink, ice cubes blended with cream and dairy-free milk provide the same texture as ice cream.
How To Make Your Keto Vanilla Milkshake Smoother?
Many people complain that their Milkshake is too foamy, but be aware that this is due to the addition of a large number of ice cubes to the drink.
To make the drink more creamy and smooth, add a little heavy cream, starting with 2 tablespoons.
Always mix again after adding a few ingredients to your keto shake.
How To Boost The Vanilla Flavor?
To naturally bring out all the vanilla flavors in this recipe, I tried using vanilla flavored almond milk and vanilla stevia drops.
But there are other ways to improve this flavor including:
- Add more stevia drops if you need more vanilla flavor in your drink.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla seeds, YES yes it may be pricey, but it gives a delicious and natural flavor.
- At a time, you can add 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup (sugar-free), mixing in each addition – taste and repeat if necessary.
How Do You Make a Frothy Milkshake?
To make a frothy milkshake, simply add more ice cubes (2 at a time) and blend the mixture into each addition, repeating the process until you have a frothy milkshake.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can you enjoy a keto vanilla milkshake?
You can enjoy this keto shake either as a snack to replace your usual meal for breakfast, afternoon or night when you crave ice cream, in fact, you can enjoy it any time you want it is up to you of course.
As a breakfast or meal replacement – you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of Keto Collagen Protein Powder (Vanilla flavor) to make the perfect keto protein shake.
As a satisfying snack on its own – I recommend adding 1-2 teaspoons of MCT oil to this delicious keto vanilla milkshake recipe, especially if you’re hungry or have lost a lot of fat in your macros.
Note: MCT oil is a good source of healthy fats, and can help you boost the fat burning process on a keto diet.
What can I eat besides a keto vanilla milkshake – any suggestions??
Clearly, keto vanilla milkshake is great as a snack or a quick meal replacement on its own.
But there are many suggestions available that you can serve along with this amazing shake including:
Recommended tools for making a keto vanilla milkshake
- Blender – When it comes to blending and pureeing foods and drinks, having a high-speed blender in your kitchen makes preparing recipes easier and more flexible!
- Milkshake Glasses – Serve up your drink in a milkshake glass and enjoy it right now.
- Rainbow Colored Paper Straws – To enjoy more while drinking this cool and amazing drink.
Can Keto Vanilla Milkshake be stored for a period of time?
Yes, Keto Vanilla Milkshake can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days, but I recommend that you eat it right away because it will be more refreshing and delicious.
Super Easy Keto Vanilla Milkshake Recipe With Only 3.7g Net Carbs
This creamy, foamy keto vanilla milkshake recipe requires only 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare, and each serving contains only 3.7 grams of net carbs!
- High-speed blender
- 1 ⅓ cup Vanilla almond milk or almond milk (unsweetened)
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream or coconut cream if dairy-free
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol
- 2-4 drops Liquid vanilla stevia or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla seeds or 2 tablespoons of sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
In a high-speed mixer, combine all the above ingredients and blend at high speed until you get a foamy mixture.
You can adjust the sweetness and flavor to your liking, by adding up to 2 extra drops of liquid vanilla stevia.
Add ice cubes to get more foam, and mix again to incorporate the mixture. Serve your keto vanilla milkshake with whipped cream on top and a drizzle of sugar-free melted chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: 1 Milkshake (3.7g Net carbs each)
Calories: 320.4kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.7g, Protein: 3.3g, Fat: 33.4g, Sugar: 0.4g, Fiber: 1g.
If you like this keto vanilla milkshake recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
I am so glad to see that you are preparing my recipes!
Try this keto recipe and let me know in the comments below how much you enjoyed it with your friends and family.