Have you ever tried making Cauliflower Pizza Crust? It’s a quick and easy way to make deliciously flavorful pizza with crispy edges! Plus, it’s naturally grain-free. But, if you’re on the keto diet, is cauliflower pizza crust keto friendly?
What Are Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipes?
Cauliflower Pizza Crust is gluten-free, flour-free, and low-carb (but is it keto?). (see below for the answer)
Only three primary components, plus seasonings, are needed to make this excellent pizza crust. What you’ll need is the following:
Cauliflower pizza crust recipes are flour-less, gluten-free, low-carb pizza crusts made of 3 simple ingredients plus seasonings:
- Grated cauliflower is also known as Cauliflower Rice because of its rice-like texture and shape.
- Cheese – you can use any cheese you want, but here’s the general rule:
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Parmesan, etc)
- 1/3 cup of soft cheese (Goat cheese, etc)
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper – to taste
This is a very healthy pizza crust recipe that is perfect for anyone interested in reducing their carb intake.
But when it comes to the keto diet, Is Cauliflower Pizza Crust Keto-Friendly?
Yes. The cauliflower pizza crust recipe is perfectly keto-friendly.
Only 3 grams of net carbohydrates are found in a single slice. A cauliflower pizza also has a low-calorie count.
There are only 66 calories in each slice of cauliflower pizza! It’s perfect for anyone trying to lose weight on a keto diet. You must, however, prepare the cauliflower rice first.
How To Make Cauliflower Rice?
Keto pizza crusts made of cauliflower are very easy to make. Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this wonderful crispy cauliflower pizza crust at any moment.
First thing, you need a food processor to pulse your Cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture.
Otherwise, you may just go to the supermarket and buy cauliflower rice.
Cooked cauliflower is an excellent Keto-friendly vegetable.
Cauliflower has only 1.7g of net carbohydrates per 100g once cooked. So, if you’re on a keto diet, cauliflower pizza crust is a great option!
Cover the riced cauliflower with plastic wrap in a microwave-safe bowl, leaving one section slightly uncovered to vent. 6 minutes in the microwave.
If you don’t have a microwave, you need to use a vegetable steamer or boil your cauliflower rice in water.
Finally, drain any remaining water from your steamed cauliflower rice for a faultless outcome. For this, you’ll need a clean towel.
* Let it cool enough that you can handle it without burning yourself, then continue preparing the recipe below…
How To Make Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crusts?
Everyone loves a crispy pizza crust, so here are the top four recommendations for making a crispy cauliflower pizza crust:
- Drain as much water as possible from your cauliflower rice. You’ll need a ball of steamed cauliflower that looks like dough and is very dry and compact.
- On your baking sheet, spread it thinly. The thinner the slice, the crispier it will be!
- Use full-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Avoid water-loaded toppings or precook them. Zucchini, mushrooms or eggplant release water on your pizza crust and soften the crust. I recommend cooking these Ingredients in a frying pan before adding them to the crust.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Keto Recipe Ideas
This keto crust recipe can be used as a pizza crust replacement, and therefore most Regular Pizza toppings can be used.
Try this keto-friendly pizza sauce recipe to keep carbs to a minimum. As a low-carb alternative, sour cream can be used.
Our favorite keto pizza toppings are:
- Italian Seasoning
- Some spicy olive oil
Is cauliflower pizza crust healthy?
The cauliflower pizza crust is gluten-free, low-carb (keto-friendly), and grain-free, as we mentioned earlier. It’s a healthier alternative to traditional wheat-based pizza crust.
Besides being low in carbohydrates, cauliflower is also much higher in fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C and potassium.
Steaming and draining the moisture from the cauliflower does remove some of the cauliflower nutrients, but as an occasional treat, this recipe is a great option!
Can I make this recipe without cheese?
You can replace the cheese with an extra egg for a vegan or dairy-free option. However, the texture will be different! If you are unable to use the cheese, this option will still form a flavorful and firm crust that you can pick up with your hand.
Is it possible to freeze cauliflower pizza crust?
Yes. Place the crust on a tray in the freezer for a couple of hours or until Frozen. Remove and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. You can Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What tools are needed to make a keto cauliflower pizza crust recipe?
- Food processor
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- Large baking sheet
- Pizza cutter
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A super easy, healthy option to make deliciously flavorful Cauliflower pizza with crispy edges! Plus it's naturally gluten-free, grain-free, low carb (and keto-friendly).
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 2.5-3lbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor, break up the cauliflower into florets and process into "rice."
Place the riced cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 4-8 minutes, uncovered, until soft and cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower using a clean kitchen towel or cloth.
Combine the cauliflower, parmesan, shredded mozzarella, almond flour, garlic powder, oregano, and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
Smooth the mixture into a 10in a circle on your prepared pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Top with Keto Marinara Sauce and buffalo mozzarella slices (or your preferred toppings).
Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
Cut into 8 slices before serving.
- Reduce the amount of sauce and toppings you use. If you add too much sauce, the cauliflower will rehydrate and become soggy. Excessive toppings will cause the crust to collapse.
- Please keep in mind that the added ingredients are only optional if you want to enhance the flavor of the keto cauliflower pizza crust.
- ¼ cup of Parmesan Cheese, shredded.
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Flour.
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- ½ teaspoon of Oregano, dried.
Serving: 4slices | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 1mg
Do you like this Keto Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe? Share it with your friends.
Please feel free to leave a comment!