If you’re looking for a lighter, keto-friendly breakfast, then this delicious avocado toast recipe should be your choice. Because this recipe only requires 3 basic ingredients and one bowl to mix everything.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially in the morning, avocado toast is a great recipe that requires little effort and time.
So, if you’re interested in having a meal that is both filling and delicious at the same time, I highly recommend reading this article to the end – for all the tips and tricks on how to make the best keto avocado toast the right way, step-by-step, including topping ideas.
How Do You Make Keto Avocado Toast?
Here’s a list of all the ingredients you’ll need, along with instructions, but the exact measurements can be found (in the recipe card below).
- Avocado: It’s best to choose fresh, slightly ripe avocados, as they give a smoother, creamier texture.
- Lemon juice: It prevents avocados from turning brown and adds a bit of a sour taste.
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
- Slices bread: You can use any bread you want, as long as it’s keto-friendly.
- In a mixing bowl, mash fresh avocado until smooth.
- Then add lemon juice and spices and mix until combined.
- Toast the keto bread slices until golden and firm. Next, distribute the avocado mixture directly on top of the bread.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Keto Avocado Toast
What goes well on avocado toast?
To add more delicious flavor to keto avocado toast, there are several options available, including:
- Fresh herbs (such as dukkah, basil, or cilantro) can be added to the avocado mixture or sprinkled on top.
- If you are a tomato lover, you can also include chopped sun-dried tomatoes or some marinated olives.
- If you want to add more flavor and protein to your meal, I recommend frying some sausage, cutting it in half, placing it on top of avocado toast, and sprinkling it a little feta cheese or sliced fresh green onions. Beef bacon, smoked salmon, tuna, or grilled chicken can be used instead of sausage.
- You can also spread the toast with any keto-friendly cheese of your choice, then add in the avocado mix and a few salty nuts for a crunchy toast.
- Since eggs are keto-friendly, you can add them directly to avocado toast as boiled, fried, or scrambled with a drizzle of chili if you prefer.
Is avocado toast good for weight loss?
Did you know that the avocado fruit’s high fiber content, in addition to the unsaturated fatty acids, stimulates the body to burn fat?
Not only that, but because avocados are high in healthy fats, they can provide a long-lasting feeling of satiety, which can help you avoid unnecessary snacks and cravings.
- Related Post: 11 Unsung Health Benefits Of Avocado
How to toast bread without a toaster?
Here are some simple ways to toast bread without a toaster:
USE YOUR STOVETOP. All you have to do is bring whatever type of skillet you have in the kitchen (a cast iron skillet works great). Then place the slices of bread and cook the toast for 2 minutes on each side over medium heat.
Note: To add fatty taste, color, and crunch to your keto avocado toast, grease the skillet with a piece of butter or a tablespoon of olive oil.
SLOW-TOASTING IN THE OVEN. First, you must preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the slices of bread on a roasting pan with a rack once the oven is preheated.
Make sure both the top and bottom heat sources are on. Each slice should be flipped after about FIVE minutes.
USE A WAFFLE MAKER. Warm a waffle maker on medium heat, then close it on your keto bread slices and toast for about 2 minutes. Check the toast to see if it needs to be cooked any longer.
Any helpful tips for making the avocado toast recipe a success?
1. Pick great avocados
Try to choose avocados that give a little light squeeze, but avoid avocados that are mushy or stringy on the inside.
Note: When opening avocados, scoop out any browning or bruising and discard it before mashing the rest.
2. Purchase quality bread and toast it thoroughly
It’s best to cut the bread into thick slices for the best avocado toast. It is also preferable to toast the bread well until golden.
3. Mash your avocado separately
Many people prefer to cut avocados into slices and place them on toast, but mash the avocado for a more delicious and creamy keto bread toast.
Note: A fork can be used to mash the avocado, but if the amount is doubled, a potato masher or pastry cutter should be used instead of a small fork.
4. Don’t forget the salt
When mashing avocado, remember to season it with a light sprinkle of sea salt and red pepper flakes for a delicious toast experience.
Can I store keto toast with avocado in the refrigerator?
Storing avocado toast in the refrigerator is not recommended because the avocado in the toast will turn brown within 2 to 4 hours.
If you’re only going to eat the toast later, keep it in the fridge, but make sure you eat the avocado toast before the end of the day for sure.
Are There Any Bread Options To Use Instead Of Toast?
Although toast is the best and most traditional option for mashed avocado, some other keto bread options will work as well!
- Keto Buns
- Keto Rolls
- Keto English Muffins
- 90 Second Keto Bread
Note: Full recipes will be posted soon.
Tasty Keto Avocado Toast Recipe (With 5 Topping Ideas)
This keto avocado toast recipe only requires 3 basic ingredients and one cup to combine everything. You'll love it, especially it's a filling and quick breakfast!
- 2 large Avocados
- 1/2 large Lemon squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 slices Keto bread
In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado well until smooth.
Then add lemon juice and spices and mix until combined.
Toast the keto bread slices for 2 minutes, or until golden on both sides. Next, distribute the avocado mixture directly on top of the bread.
You can top your avocado toast bread with any toppings ideas of your choice, or you can use the suggestions above.
- It’s not recommended to store avocado toast in the refrigerator because the avocado on toast will turn brown within 2 to 4 hours.
Per serving: Calories: 225kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 18g, Fiber: 11g, NET CARBS: 3g.
Did you like this recipe?
I gladly welcome your comments and encouragement on this recipe. As well as all the information mentioned in this article – was everything useful to you?
Please let me know what you think of this keto avocado toast recipe in the comments section below — was it really easy to make, did you like the toppings ideas, or did you use something else? Your opinion is very valuable!!!