The basics of the keto diet are low in carbs and high in fat, searching for keto-friendly recipes isn’t easy – but with me, things are pretty easy…I have a question for you Have you tried making Keto Eggrolls before?
Yeah!! If the answer is yes, great; If not, here’s everything you need to know to make delicious Keto Eggrolls.
These crunchy eggrolls make the perfect appetizer because they’re low in carbs and keto-friendly. The eggrolls are made with low carb wrappers and fried until golden and crispy. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Usually, when I come home from work and need a snack, I like to make appetizers. So, along with my Keto Potstickers, Keto Eggrolls have become a new fave.
The wrapper was the most difficult part of making Keto Eggrolls for me. Although most low-carb eggrolls omit the wrapper entirely, there are moments when you crave that crunchy exterior.
Keto Eggroll Wrapper
I made my own eggroll wrappers from scratch. It’s a dough that’s similar to the one I use to make keto tortillas.
However, I rolled the dough out thinner and fried the wrappers, which made them super crispy so that they do taste more like an eggroll wrapper rather than a tortilla.
The dough comes together very easily. But it does take a little time to roll out and cut into squares. I do think it is worth the effort though.
Ingredients For Keto Eggrolls (Wrappers)
- superfine almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- xanthan gum
- apple cider vinegar
To make the dough, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. You can also mix and knead the dough by hand.
How To Wrap Eggrolls
- Place only 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner up just enough to cover the filling.
- Fold the left and right sections of the wrapper Into the middle.
- Roll your Egg Roll up until there is no more wrapper. Press gently along the Edge to make sure your wrapper is sealed.
Can These Eggrolls Be Baked Or Air Fried?
I tried both methods and, while they both work, I still prefer to fry them.
The eggroll wrappers will turn a gorgeous golden color and become extremely crispy when deep-fried.
The eggrolls will crisp up if you bake or air fried them, but the wrapper will get touch dry and doughy.
What are the most important cooking recommendations to keep in mind when making Keto EggRolls?
- The seasoning in the filling should be a little strong, to ensure that it is shiny when rolled.
- If the dough is too thin, it will break after adding the filling, and if it is too thick, it will not taste as delicious, therefore 1/8 inch thick or less is ideal.
- Make the dough ahead of time, roll it up in an airtight container, and keep it in the fridge for up to a day or two before using it in this Keto Eggrolls recipe.
These crunchy eggrolls are keto-friendly and low in carbohydrates. Make sure that once you've finished making this recipe, you'll want to make them again and again.
- oil for frying
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 lb ground chicken ((or turkey …ect))
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp water
For the wrappers
In a food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Pulse a few times until evenly mixed.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Then add the apple cider vinegar, eggs and water to the food processor. Mix until a paste is formed.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap (it will be very sticky). Refrigerate for 10 minutes. The dough should be no longer sticky but still flexible.
Roll out the dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper to a thin layer (just slightly less than 1/8 inch thick).
Cut dough into squares (4×4 inch). Roll the dough scraps again to make more wrappers (About 10 Wrappers)
For the filling
Over medium-high heat, heat a skillet to add the ground chicken, shredded cabbage, and carrots.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is soft; everything is now about to cook.
After that, add white pepper, soy sauce, and water. Mix until all of the seasonings are uniformly in the filling. Taste and make any necessary adjustments.
Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the wrapper and fold according to your preference. (It can be in a triangular or cigarette shape…etc.)
Make sure to fold the bottom, left, and right corners so that the filling should be intact and the wrapper is sealed.
Heat a pot over medium-high heat and add about 1 inch of oil deep.
Add eggrolls (3-5 at a time), and cook until golden brown on all sides.
Keto Eggrolls should be served right away with your preferred dipping sauce.
- You can make the dough by hand if you don’t have a food processor. Make sure you thoroughly knead it.
- If you don’t like ground chicken, use ground beef or turkey instead. There are numerous options available.
serving: 1eggroll, calories: 131kcal, carbohydrates: 5g, protein: 3g, fat: 10g, saturated fat: 2g, cholesterol: 29mg, sodium: 138mg, potassium: 170mg, fiber: 3g, sugar: 1g, net carbs: 2g
Give it a try and let me know in the Comments down below how much you have enjoyed these Keto Egg Roll Wrappers with your Friends and Family.
This recipe will appeal to all keto enthusiasts looking for low-carb egg roll wrappers.