Have you ever tried making keto meatballs, storing them in the fridge, and then heating them whenever you wanted to enjoy them as a delicious lunch or dinner? When you’re hungry and have that meal ready in your hands – you’ll really feel as if someone cares about you and has prepared keto meals for you!!
Following the keto diet can be difficult at times because you will need to prepare keto food yourself most of the time, which may require some time and effort on your part.
So, if you want to eat a delicious and filling lunch or dinner, keto meals in a freezer, such as keto meatballs, are the perfect reward to make life easier and help you stay on track with your keto journey.
How Do You Make These Keto Meatballs?
The ingredients in this recipe are absolutely delectable and simple.
- Ground beef: You can use any ground meat or a mix of ground meat you like. Make sure to use 80/20 ground beef (80% lean, 20% fat).
- Onions and garlic: They should be finely chopped to add more flavor.
- Shredded mozzarella: It’s the perfect keto ingredient due to its high fat, moderate protein, and low carb content.
- Grated Parmesan: To improve the flavor of ground meat and to use it for garnish as well.
- Eggs: To bind everything together.
- Black pepper and kosher salt: To taste.
- Parsley: It’s frequently used as a garnish, but it’s more commonly used as a spice.
- Olive oil: When it comes to making meatballs taste better, high-quality olive oil makes all the difference.
- Crushed tomatoes: You can use whatever tomatoes sauce you like, just make sure it’s keto-friendly.
- In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients (ground beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, salt, and pepper). After mixing, form meatballs using your hand.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, being careful not to burn it.
- Begin by adding the meatballs and frying for 6-10 minutes, or until the meatballs are light brown on all sides, turning occasionally with two forks.
- Cook the chopped onion in the same skillet for about 5 minutes, or until its color begins to turn light brown over medium heat.
- Then add the mashed garlic and cook for another minute, or until fragrant. Next, add the crushed tomatoes and thyme and season with salt and black pepper.
- Finally, return the fried meatballs to the skillet and cook them in the tomato sauce for 15 minutes over low heat, or until the sauce thickens well.
- To serve, lightly sprinkle the keto meatballs with parmesan and parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Keto Meatballs
Is ground beef OK for a keto diet?
Yes, ground beef is ideal for the keto diet. It’s a great ingredient that you can combine to make a variety of delicious keto recipes. Usually, mixing delicious, healthy, keto-friendly ingredients like some vegetables, cheese, or pasta can make your ground beef dish healthier and rich in nutrients.
Here are some of the best keto recipes you can make with ground beef:
Why is ground beef good for you?
Ground beef is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and a variety of other nutrients that can have a significant impact on overall health.
Not only that, but ground beef is high in protein, which has numerous health benefits for the body – protein promotes muscle growth and helps with weight management.
Complete proteins can also aid in the formation and repair of cells and body tissues such as skin, hair, muscle, and bone. Protein is also required for blood clotting, immune responses, hormones, and enzymes.
Note: Keep in mind that ground beef can be high in calories and saturated fat, and eating a lot of red meat can be harmful to your health. As a result, moderation is always the key.
Is ground beef healthy for weight loss?
Eating a diet rich in protein can help people lose weight as this prevents overeating (*).
Since foods rich in protein tend to make people feel fuller than foods rich in carbohydrates or fats, this can help influence appetite and reduce feelings of hunger.
On a ketogenic diet, how much protein should I consume?
It’s important to get enough protein while on the keto diet. Because, as we discussed earlier in this post, consuming too little protein in your diet can have serious consequences.
So always remember that the macronutrients in a typical keto diet can be broken down as follows:
- Protein: 20-25%
- Fat: 65-80%
- Carbs: 3-10%
Can I make keto meatballs with pizza sauce?
Yes, if you don’t have time to make your own homemade keto tomato sauce, you can use any tomato sauce available in the market such as Marinara or Rao’s.
Can I store keto meatballs in the refrigerator?
Sure, so refrigerate your cooked keto meatballs in airtight, shallow containers to extend their shelf life for safety and quality. Cooked meatballs can usually be kept in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days if properly stored.
Otherwise, if it is not taken care of, it will last for sure shorter.
Easy Keto Meatballs Recipe
Today you'll be able to make keto meatballs using simple and inexpensive ingredients!! The added advantage is that you'll get a filling lunch or dinner that's simple and quick to prepare, as well as being low in carbs.
For The Meatballs:
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients (ground beef, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, salt, and pepper). After mixing, form meatballs using your hand.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, being careful not to burn it.
Begin by adding the meatballs and frying for 6-10 minutes, or until the meatballs are light brown on all sides, turning occasionally with two forks.
Cook the chopped onion in the same skillet for about 5 minutes, or until its color begins to turn light brown over medium heat.
Then add the mashed garlic and cook for another minute, or until fragrant. Next, add the crushed tomatoes and thyme and season with salt and black pepper.
Finally, return the fried meatballs to the skillet and cook them in the tomato sauce for 10-15 minutes over low heat, or until the sauce thickens well.
To serve, lightly sprinkle the keto meatballs with parmesan and parsley.
- Properly stored cooked keto meatballs can usually keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can top the meatballs with whatever keto-friendly cheese you want. You can also add some basil leaves, fresh coriander, olives, or any cayenne pepper sauce you prefer.
Did you like this recipe?
I gladly welcome your comments and encouragement on this recipe. As well as all the information mentioned in this article – was everything useful to you?
Please let me know what you think of these keto meatballs in the comments section below — was it really easy to make, did you like the toppings ideas, or did you use something else? Your opinion is very valuable!!!