Prime Rib is a classic roast beef that can come to the mind of anyone following the keto diet when the time for celebrations and holidays approaches.
Note that this diet restricts a variety of foods, which causes great confusion for many people.
But friend, there is no need for all this confusion for you. If you like prime rib roast, here is the keto-friendly version. Simply get ready to go to the kitchen and cook it, then invite everyone of your family and friends to eat it (on Christmas Day).
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make This Keto Prime Rib Roast ?
Preparing keto prime rib roast does not necessitate a large number of ingredients; these are the most significant ones you’ll need.
- Prime rib
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and rosemary until completely combined.
- Bring a roasting pan and place the prime rib in it (fatty side up), season with salt, black pepper and set aside for an hour.
- Next, using a basting brush, spread the butter mixture evenly.
- Now you should preheat oven to 450º.
- Roast the prime rib for 30 minutes, then decrease to 350°F and cook for another hour and 30 minutes for medium rare.
- Note: If you like the flavor of garlic, you can easily make small slits in the prime rib and stuff each slit with a slice of garlic.
- After it has roasted, remove the prime rib from the oven, transfer it to a large plate and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- It is best to let it rest for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Finally, serve the prime rib with your favorite sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Keto Prime Rib Roast
Is Prime Rib Roast Keto?
Definitely yes, it’s keto friendly, because when I look at the nutritional facts, I find that prime rib roast contains no carbs and provides a good amount of fat and protein (naturally).
Is eating prime rib healthy?
Of course, it is a good source of many essential nutrients such as protein, iron, zinc, b12, niacin, selenium, threonine
When should I buy prime rib for Christmas?
Ideally, you should purchase your Prime Rib at least one week, two days, or one day before Christmas.
Can I use the microwave to quickly defrost prime rib?
Definitely yes, microwave is one of the ways to defrost prime ribs (in twenty to thirty minutes), but with a lot of research I have found that this method has some drawbacks including:
In the microwave, the ribs may not defrost evenly, and it may also begin to cooking it.
As a result, you should consider defrosting the prime ribs in cold water, warm water, or just keeping them in the refrigerator. It’s really practical. Okay!
Note: Keep your prime rib in a zip-lock plastic bag before placing in the water.
Can I freeze keto prime rib roast before I cook it?
Yes, simply wrap any leftover prime ribs in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to six months, or keep in the fridge for no longer than a week.
What are the basic rules for preparing a superb prime rib?
Rule 1: Choose Well-Marbled Meat
Keep in mind that the more marbled the meat, the more juicy, tasty and tender it will be.
Rule 2: Buy Bone-in Beef
Bones have a higher heat resistance than meat, of course, which is good because the meat around the bones will cook more slowly than the rest of the roast, making these parts more tender and juicy.
Rule 3: Season Well, and Season in Advance
Season the prime rib with kosher or regular salt and let it rest for 1 hour or at least 45 minutes before you start cooking it (for best results).
But if you have more time, salt them the day before and place them in the refrigerator overnight, uncovered.
Rule 4: Roast Low and Slow
You should keep in mind that the higher the temperature at which you cook the meat, the greater the temperature gradient inside it, which means that the outer layers of the meat will be overcooked by the time the center is a perfect medium-rare. The center is red-pink, but the surrounding layers are dry and gray.
So this can be avoided by roasting at relatively low heat (around 200°F).
Rule 5: Use a Thermometer!
Using a meat thermometer will help you a lot, just know how to use it.
Rule 6: Let it Rest
It was previously mentioned that if you take the keto prime rib roast out of the oven (it is better to cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for a specified time). Please do not skip the rest phase.
Serve Your Keto Prime Rib Roast With These Delectable Ideas
- Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Broccolini
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Keto BBQ Sauce
- Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Keto Sweet Chili Sauce
Note: Full recipes will be posted soon.
Easy Keto Prime Rib Roast
Here's the full keto prime rib roast recipe (ingredients, and preparation method) with all the important tips to get the perfect roast beef.
- 8 lbs Prime rib roast ( (including bones))
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 head Garlic ((optional))
- 1 bunch Chopped fresh rosemary
In a small bowl, mix together the butter and rosemary until completely combined.
Bring a roasting pan and place the prime rib in it (fatty side up), season with salt, black pepper and set aside for an hour.
Next, using a basting brush, spread the butter mixture evenly.
Now you should preheat oven to 450º.
Roast the prime rib for 30 minutes, then decrease to 350°F and cook for another hour and 30 minutes for medium rare.
After it has roasted, remove the prime rib from the oven, transfer it to a large plate and cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
It is best to let it rest for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
Finally, serve the prime rib with your favorite sauce.
- If you like the flavor of garlic, you can easily make small slits in the prime rib and stuff each slit with a slice of garlic.
- The prime rib can be served with any sauce you choose (as long as it’s keto-friendly). (see above for suggested sauces)
After you’ve tried the keto prime rib roast recipe, let me know how much you and your friends and family enjoyed it in the comments section below.