Have you ever attempted to make delectable keto roasted brussels sprouts in a short amount of time to serve as a side dish on special occasions such as Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Crispy garlic-flavored Brussels sprouts are simple to make and require only a few ingredients that are almost certainly already in your pantry.
You will be surprised by the delicious taste you will find in these little buds, really you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating sprouts straight from the baking tray as if they were candy!!!
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts?
To prepare keto roasted brussels sprouts, you’ll only need 4 easy ingredients.
In the recipe card below, the exact measurements of all the ingredients are mentioned – but here’s an overview of what you’ll need.
- Brussels sprouts: Recommended to choose brussels sprouts that are firm and green without yellow leaves.
- Olive oil: You can replace it with melted butter if you prefer.
- Spices needed: Salt, fresh black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Parmesan cheese: For a more delicious flavor (but it’s still an optional suggestion).
- In a mixing bowl, put the sprouts, add salt, black pepper, and olive oil, stir all ingredients well to mix.
- Place the baby sprouts on the baking tray, but try to arrange them in an even layer with their flat sides facing down.
- Roast the sprouts for 25-35 minutes, or until they are deep golden-brown around the edges.
- Don’t forget to shake the pan every 5 minutes, until the sprouts are brown and tender.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Are brussels sprouts keto friendly?
Yes, Brussels sprouts are one of the natural keto-friendly vegetables that are very low in carbs, with every 100 grams of Brussels sprouts equivalent to 8.95 carbs and 43 calories.
What are some health benefits of brussels sprouts?
Brussels sprouts can provide many health benefits due to their high content of nutrients that are essential to the body.
- Brussels sprouts are rich in vitamin K, which is useful for regulating blood clotting and improving bone health.
- It also contains a high percentage of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant that helps protect the cells of your body. In addition to other nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B6, magnesium, fiber, sodium, and potassium.
- Brussels sprouts can help you lose weight if you incorporate them into your diet. Because it is one of the foods that can keep you full for an extended period of time.
- Brussels sprouts contain a lot of antioxidants and compounds that can help prevent cancer.
Is it possible to keep keto roasted brussels sprouts in the fridge?
Yes, you can keep keto roasted brussels sprouts in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, because it can be cooked in a short amount of time, it is best to prepare and eat it fresh at the same time and on the same day.
Any suggestions on how to decorate keto roasted brussels sprouts?
- For added taste, sprinkle the baby sprouts with a little Parmesan cheese or add some shredded bacon 5 minutes before the sprouts are done.
- You can also add a pinch of crushed red pepper to highlight the dish’s vibrant colors.
- Add a handful of your favorite nuts to this roasted Brussels sprout for a wonderful crunch. (Avoid adding nuts that aren’t keto-friendly.)
Serve Your Roasted Brussels Sprouts With These Delectable Ideas
Easy Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Keto roasted brussels sprouts with garlic flavor are easy to make and require only a few ingredients that you almost certainly already have in your pantry.
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
The oven must first be preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
You'll need a baking tray lined with parchment paper to make cleanup easier.
In a mixing bowl, put the sprouts, add salt, black pepper, and olive oil, stir all ingredients well to mix.
Place the baby sprouts on the baking tray, but try to arrange them in an even layer with their flat sides facing down.
Roast the sprouts for 25-30 minutes, or until they are deep golden-brown around the edges.
Don’t forget to shake the pan every 5 minutes, until the sprouts are brown and tender.
Keto roasted brussels sprouts are now ready to eat on their own or with one of the suggestions (see above).
- Roasted brussels sprouts can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- It can also be served with any sauce of your choice (as long as it’s keto-friendly) or with any other suggestions. (see suggestion above)
Amount per serving Calories: 179kcal, Total Carbohydrates: 12.5g, Protein: 4.6g, Fat: 13.9g, Fiber: 5.1g, Net Carbs: 7.4g.
Have you tried this recipe?
Let me know what you think of these keto roasted brussels sprouts recipe in the comments section below — was it really easy to make, did you like the decorating ideas, or did you use something else? Your opinion is very valuable!!!
Also, share a photo to encourage all friends to try this successful recipe.
I hope this recipe becomes one of your favorite side dishes.